Orange Torpedo Trips Whitewater Rafting Policies

COVID 19

See our most updated policy and plans regarding Covid-19 and summer 2020 river season – Click here

Booking Policy - Multi-Day Trips

  • All trip reservations must be received via phone, email, or booked online with a confirmation e-mail received.
  • Booking zip code, contact phone number and email address are also required for all bookings.
  • Please note that some trips have a 3% or other set land use recreation fee added to them.
  • All trips require a paid deposit to be considered confirmed.

Deposits

  • 1 day trips: All reservations require a 30% deposit to be considered a valid reservation. Full balance for one-day trips is due the day of the trip.
  • Multi-day trips: All reservations require a 30% deposit payment to be considered a valid reservation. Full trip payment is due 30 days prior to trip departure date. All guests will receive an email notification 5 days before payment date. We must have either a check or card payment at the 30 day deadline. If trip is not paid in full by the 30 days prior to the trip launch the reservation will be subject to cancellation by Orange Torpedo Trips.

Cancellation Policy

Multi-day Trips

UPDATED 3.31.20 in response to Covid-19 to be more flexible based on current circumstances.

We have a no refund policy on all deposits and balance payments.  We strongly suggest purchasing travel insurance through Travel Guard Insurance to cover your travel investment in the case that life happens and you are not able to go. We do not cancel trips for smoke. In the event of nearby forest fires we continue to run trips until the river is closed by the local authorities.

31+ days to trip launch.  If you cancel more than 30 days prior to the launch of your trip 80% of your deposit may be transferred to a trip the following year. The other 20% of your deposit will be forfeit.  You are also welcome to move to a different in the same river season without any consequence assuming we have space. This is updated from our traditional policy of 50/50 credit/forfeit.

30-15 days prior to trip launch. 75% of your full payment may be transferred towards a trip the following year  25% will be forfeit.  You can move to a different date in the same season with a 15% transfer fee.

14 or fewer days prior to launch. 75% of trip payment will be forfeit, 25% can be moved to a trip the following season.

Find Someone to replace you. If at any time you need to cancel for any reason, if you find someone to replace you, you can receive a full refund.

 

Single and 1/2 Day Trips

Single and half-day trips cancelled more than 72 hours prior to launch are subject to a 50% refund of their deposit.  Trips cancelled within 72 hours of their launch will forfeit their deposit. We do not cancel trips due to smoke.

Travel Insurance

We strongly advise purchase of travel insurance through Travel Guard.  Many policies include coverage of deposits and balance payments towards the trip which are non-refundable through Orange Torpedo Trips.  Coverages can also include evacuation fee coverage, which if you need to leave a trip early for any reason, transportation coverage will be at your expense. We strongly advise looking into third party insurance coverage.

Release Documentation

Discounts

Groups of 10 or more qualify for our group discount of 10% off per person.

We offer a 5% active or retired military discount.

Other discounts of varying amounts are periodically available on our Special Offers page.

Other discounts may be available.

Rental reservation and cancellation policies

Reservations require a 30% deposit to confirm the reservation with the balance due the day of the rental.

Single Day Cancellations
Reservations cancelled more than 7 days prior to the day of their rental receive a 50% refund of their deposit.
Reservations cancelled within 7 days of their trip launch are not subject to a refund of their deposit.

Multi-day Cancellations

Reservations cancelled more than 7 days prior to the day of their rental receive a 50% of their deposit as a credit towards a future rental over the next 24 months.
Reservations cancelled within 7 days of their trip launch are not subject to a refund of their deposit.